10/06/2008

"Meat Boy" - Vegetarians - you're being warned...

So tonite I was horrified by the amount of crap that was out in the house. I didn't want to clean it all up (it was 99% kids stuff) so I did my usual nagging to clean up.

It was getting close to dinner time and I know if it waits until after dinner (then bath and bed) - it will NOT get done. So I 'bribed' the kids as usual - is it a BRIBE to 'reward' them to do it OR is it a reward? Either way, I offered my usual - quarters - to all who pick up and clean up. Foster and Logan were on it like bees on honey. Seth on the other hand was still standing there while his brothers were doing a pretty good job of getting the stuff put away.

Hmmmmm. I was trying to find his "weak point". I offered him a quarter to which he replied "no, I don't want any". Then I offered him 10 extra minutes to stay up tonite, to which he replied "no, I don't want to stay up, I'm tired". Well, hmmmm, what to offer...suddenly I remembered his weak point. I exclaimed that dinner was almost ready and I would give him meat! Well, that boy's eyes lit up and off he went to clean up "his share" of the toys.

Meat.

Does a body good.

2 comments:

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Now, there is a kid after my own heart!!!

BTW, I love the visitor map you have on your sidebar. It is sooo cool to see who is lurking on your blog.

Tanya said...

LOL, any specific kind of meat? And is that really fair? He'd have gotten it either way. :)