8/27/2008

The bad news and the very good news...

The bad news is that my baby minivan needs a brand new TRANSMISSION ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)...............

The VERY good news is that the original transmission was under waranty for 109k miles and the minivan has about 73k so it will be replaced for FREEEEEEEEEEEE.

Whew! I most certainly wasn't looking forward to putting that amount on our credit card. It was towed this morning and luckily I was able to get a ride home and the rest of the day turned out fine.

I was concerned because I did buy the car at auction over 4 years ago - so I didn't know the history on the car. It's been a pretty good van over the years and didn't really need anything - this was the first major issue - and again, very happy indeed that the only thing I have to pay right now was the $21 to tow it to the dealership.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Yay Yay Yay!!!!! That is so fantastic - I am thrilled for you. What a huge relief.

Sonya said...

Whew!