6/26/2008

Things you do NOT want to hear your dentist say...

1. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
2. Necrotic...
3. Dead...
4. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
5. Infected...
6. Extraction...
7. Gotta find that third canal...
8. Found it...but...


So - 3 hours later, I'm done. Turns out that I had an infected, necrotic (dead), third canal that was destroying the inside of my tooth. It was so bad that the tooth had already started to fill itself up with whatever it fills itself up with when totally infected. The dentist had to use a different machine (that they usually use only for deep cleanings) to "jackhammer" (dentist's word) and bore a hole thru the canal to get out the dead root.

Sounds like fun huh?

You envy me now right?

Well, the good news is that my mouth is still numb, so I don't (yet) feel anything.

The bad news is that the dentist said "This will hurt...later". But he did Rx me some antibiotics and pain meds so I should be fine for a while.

Only me...

2 comments:

Casey said...

Oh no! I am so, so, so sorry. Take a pain pill soon so it's on board by the time you start to un-numb.

Thinking of you!

Sonya said...

Oh no no no... that sounds un-fun and very painful. I'm glad he got you in quickly and I hope that this resolves your tooth pains for a good long while.