I was tagged by Casey.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself
4. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.
Okay then, here we go:
Thank you Casey for tagging me – here goes!
Hmmmm, 7 things about me – lets’ see.
1. I freely admit to being totally directionally challenged. I mean honestly, I get lost everywhere – in my own neighborhood, at work – anywhere. I’ve given up beating myself up about it. That’s the way my brain works – it doesn’t get North, South, East and West – mostly when I’m driving. Thank goodness for Mapquest – before this wonderful invention, I studied my Thomas Guide and had to hand-write out my exact directions, including going and returning with turns and I had to list the street before my turn – oh it was not fun. Laura and I joke that I couldn’t find my way out of a paper bag…with the light on…and a GPS…and the end of the bag open… It’s sad really.
2. I also freely admit to being a collector of pens, pencils, note pads, clips – well, in general…all office supplies. Long Live Staples!!! I must always buy a pen whenever we travel someplace – hey, it’s functional and cheap. Are you going on vacation to some exotic locale and wondering what to bring me back? A pen (even the free hotel ones) would make me very happy.
3. I’m a gadget hoarder. I love ‘em. My newest “toy” is a hand-held label-making machine. I’m dangerous with that. Laura may come home one day to a house full of labeled power cords, kitchen items, folders, etc.
4. Speaking of kitchen items, I hate cooking. Honestly, I don’t like it. I don’t find much enjoyment in making meals. I’ve done it and can follow a recipe but it takes me too long to figure out everything and that just makes me frustrated. See #1, I can’t find my way around a kitchen for “no money”. In fact, when I moved into my own apartment many moons ago by myself, I was forced to buy myself a basic cookbook – the title was “Help, my apartment has a kitchen!”
5. I’m in love with my TiVo. We've had one now for about 2 years. I resisted it for a while but man, once we got that thing hooked up – I realized how easy it was to really make “watching TV easier” – as if it needed to be easy. More like less frustrating to figure out programming my VCR. Now when I watch something “TiVo’d” I watch it faster and easier. I’m sold.
6. Going along with #2, I love trying out new “bath and body” type things. I’ve been a member of the “Bath and Body Works Research Team” and have tested so many new scents I couldn’t count them all. Every few months they send me a batch of “new” scents I need to use and comment on. It’s kinda fun to be in on the new stuff and to experience it before it reaches the stores. I’ve also tested coffee, laundry detergent, fabric softener, toilet paper, etc.
7. Guilt. I feel it every time I look at my digital pictures on my computer. I had every intention to create digital scrapbooks of the kids. I have the computer program and the books but with the amount of pictures I have stored on the computer and discs it’s overwhelming to think about how to start. Well, maybe one day – hey, maybe I can use that as my New Year’s Resolution? I just need the extra time in the day to do it. Perhaps I should stop my TiVo watching and start scrap booking!
Okay, this was hard to decide but I’m tagging: