8/21/2007

New old job...

So, I've been a CPS social worker for what, 6 months now and I've been trying to get back to my previous position for 2 months. Uggggg.

Me no like.

No, I highly dislike it!

Doing the investigations are actually interesting, today I got to go to Juvenile Hall. Tomorrow, a possible drug raid. But the uncertainty of the hours is a killer. I work from 8am to 4:30 and at 4pm I could get an emergency call and possibly not get home 'til who knows when.

B.C. (Before Children) I wouldn't have cared much, especially when all I had to worry about was myself. Hell, I would have willingly worked overtime. But now, A.C. (After Children) it's a different story. I need to be home at a regular time. I need to know that when my work day ends at 5pm I'm done.

So, part of the beauty of working for the county is that if you transfer to a new position, during that whole first year, you can go back to the job you held previously, no questions asked.

So, I've got my fingers and toes crossed that by next Friday I'll be sitting in my new old cubicle doing my new old job. But at least I'll know I'm done when I'm done and not have to worry about any 4pm surprises.

Next post = I'm going back to school!!!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Good luck going back to your old job. Sorry this one wasn't all you had hoped.