6/10/2007

We have BEAKS!!!


I'm proud to say (like I had a part in this) that we now have some baby birds in the nest. You can't see them from this picture but that is the nest in our carport.

Today, Laura went out to throw something away and heard the baby birds, then of course I had to check and sure enough I heard their tiny squawks. So being the city-girl I am, I convinced Laura to rig-up a mirror attached to the Swiffer handle and we checked and sure enough, there were at least 2 or 3 babies in the nest. I saw one head and a beak, the other(s) were curled around towards the back of the nest.

Next on the agenda is to figure out a way to take a picture of the babies without startling them or worse! Mama bird now just stares at me as I get into and out of my car, she no longer tries to kill me - or peck my eyes out.

No comments: