3/19/2008

5 Years

So I was home later this morning than usual as I had an endodontist appt. (to re-do a root canal - so not fun) when I had the tv on.

5 years.

It's been five years since the war in Iraq started.

Now, I haven't gotten on my soapbox here on the blog about politics - other than my handy-dandy countdown ticker to when "you know who" is OUT of office.

But I remember it clearly. It was after work, I was home - I was watching tv and went to the bathroom. When I came back a few minutes later - the war had started. Just like that. "Shock and Awe". Unbelievable. How horrible. How UNhuman.

So, this morning, I had the tv on - and heard "We interrupt this programming to bring you this "Breaking News"". Bush was giving his speech. The one I'm sure he didn't write - and I could only watch a few minutes before I was so disgusted with this man, I had to change channels. More than 4,000 men and women, moms and dads are dead (not to mention the countless Iraqis) -

and we as a nation are more interested in what governor is having sex with who?

Personally - I could NOT care less about the sex-lives of our so-called leaders. Sure, Clinton got laid and Spitzer paid - but really,

4,000 dead.

That's what I care about.


Canada is looking better all the time.

2 comments:

Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows said...

Although my political views might be a 'little' different ;)...I totally agree with you on how disgusting it is that our nation would concentrate more on the sex lives of the government. I do feel they should be exposed, but do I really need to hear all the details of this prositute's life ALL DAY LONG? Thank God I have the choice to change the channel.

momtothreeboys said...

Yup, and change the channel I did!