Welcome to the No-Sleep Motel…

…we're open 24/7. Ugggggg.

I finally got home last night at about 6:15pm after my dentist appointment that started at 3:00pm. Ouch! One filling and one cap later - and multiple (and I mean MULTIPLE) shots of novacaine - I still couldn't feel the left side of my mouth. And remember, this is after working all day - MINUS the 2 hours I was at home waiting for the plumber (toilet STILL leaking).

Dinner was followed by the usual post-dinner routine. Getting the kids calmed down enough for bed. Finally, all were in bed (and asleep - bonus!) by 8:00-ish. I was feeling really antsy because I hadn't had a minute since getting home to do anything other than childcare, I really wanted to check my e-mail and snail-mail and I needed a shower. Well, I took my shower and then Laura and I settled down to watch "Lost". Yes, the day AFTER. Laura's class from church now meets Wednesday nights instead of Mondays. While this is a better day in the grand scheme of things - like work and children, it's not good for watching "Lost" live. Oh well. Trusty TiVo made it okay. We finished watching around 9:30 and then it was time for me to finally get some "me" time to read e-mail, do some bills, open snail-mail, etc. I finally fell into bed around 11pm and at 11:08 Seth woke up crying. And again at 11:25pm and again at 11:55pm. Then I finally brought him into our bed - our nice comfy, cozy king-sized waterbed with new electric blanket (ahhhhhh) bed. He tossed and turned and cranked and sat up and turned over and over and over until he finally fell asleep sometime after 1am. I was kind of awake this whole time as it's hard to fall asleep with a small child wedged under my ribs. Then I woke up at 2-ish when Logan woke up. Laura went in to comfort him and eventually returned to bed. I was still kinda awake listening to Logan. Then I fell asleep again and woke up around 3:45am with a throbbing mouth and teeth. Couple advils later I feel asleep only to be awakened when the alarm went off an hour and a half later!

And today I started my new (earlier) workday hours of 7:00 - 4:30pm.

I need coffee - bad!!!!

I used to work Mon. - Fri. 7:30 - 4:00. Now I'm going to be working Mondays from 7:30 - 11:30am and Tues. - Fri. from 7:00 - 4:30pm. This way I will have every Monday afternoon off. I plan to use it to do stuff for "me" and also to run all those errands SANS children that we always seem to have to do on the weekend. And since Laura has every other Monday off - that means at least twice a month we'll both have off at the same time and we can finally go to Costco and the grocery store solo.

So, what am I doing on my first Monday afternoon off you ask? Yup, waiting for the plumber - AGAIN.

But tonite, I hope to check into the Sleep-All-Night-Without-Waking-Up-Motel.

I hope...


Renee said...

oh IVY you just decribed a typical night at my house--right there with yah! ugh!

SGO said...

Would you be interested in receiving a preview copy of "little man-a documentary by Nicole Conn"? It's a film in which Nicole chronicles the birth of her micro-preemie son, Nicholas. It shows how life is flipped upside down when you have children, and that time is a precious commodity. We'd love to send you a preview copy if you would consider an online affiliate business relationship later on down the road. For more information you can contact me at sgo@charter.net.
Hope to hear from you soon!

Rae said...

awwwwwwwww geez. you just made me really tired.
sometimes i wish i was a coffee drinker. i hope you are getting more sleep.

Casey said...

Oh yeah....that's life here, too. Never fails.

I can't recall the last time I had 6 hours of sleep in a row. Heck - I cna't remember the last time I had 3 hours of sleep in a row.

Makes me wonder...do I even really sleep anymore? I'm thinking not. *sigh*