We survived!

I have to admit that the flight back to CA was 100% better than the one going TO New York. For one thing, all 3 kids slept almost the entire flight. Yes, it was a mid-day flight but who am I to question sleeping kids??? So, Jet Blue, I do love you (hey, I made a rhyme) but your seats don't recline enough - fix it and we will be good to go.

Otherwise, the last week is a blur. Why is it a week of vacation goes by in the blink of an eye but a week at work goes by, well, sooooo much more slowly? Overall we had a great time. We took Foster to the Natural History Museum and the Hayden Planetarium (on two different days). Now, these are world-famous museums, known all over, right? We were thinking that Foster would go crazy over the dinosaur bones and the Planetarium show. Well, he did enjoy all that but wanna know what the true highlight of his two-day trip into the Big Apple was???? He wanted nothing more than to collect used Metro Cards - off the floor...in New York. Ick. For those of you not familiar with the Metro Cards you can click on the link and see what they are but basically they are pre-paid passes for the subways and buses, etc. And what do good New Yorkers do when their Metro Cards are empty and no longer usable? Do they throw them in the multiple trash cans nearby? Nope. Do they insert them into the easily accessible Metro Card recycling container? Nah. They toss them on the ground for 5 year old boys to pick up. Lucky for my kid!

Laura took me for my birthday to see Beauty and the Beast on Broadway. I really enjoyed it. How can you NOT enjoy a Broadway show? However, I admit to liking The Lion King much better. She also treated me to a wonderful lunch at the nearby Bond 45 restaurant which was simply wonderful! What a treat. That day, we were in the City solo - even more fun!

Not so fun was all of us getting sick mid-week last week. I must blame my horrible head cold on the New York subways. I could just "see" the virus' floating around the subway car invading my California immune system. I got it first, then my mom got it from me, then Laura got it from everyone else. Well, the kids seem fine though so that's good.

We also did some visiting with friends and relatives and as usual, my mom threw a party for the kids and invited half of Brooklyn - okay, not half, maybe a quarter! ;-)

That was also really fun and the food, OMG, the food........if ever there is a good reason to go to NY, the food was out of this world (Jewish Deli) - seriously, it was one of the few things that kept me going on the red-eye flight to NY (when I wanted to flush myself down the airplane toilet - well, either that or just lay down in the aisle - I was SO tired) - I just kept thinking of the food waiting for our arrival.

So, now we are back and I'm back at my new job.

I'm not going to go there just yet, that's a post for another time...


Sonya said...

Welcome back! Glad you had a great time, overall.

MommyNay said...

Im glad the flight home was better! Sounds like you all had a great time, and Foster and the metro cards--I mean kids and boxes and wrapping paper? ring a bell? When will us grown-ups get it together already! Im looking forward to the work post--update when you can!

Laura said...

I'm so glad that the flight back was alot better than coming. And it was so good to see you and Laura and the kids!! :)

Suzanne said...

Great work.